The Art of Listening - MP3 Download
This teaching offers practical and biblical information about how husbands can love their wives as instructed in Ephesians 5:25. The number one complaint women have about men is that they don’t listen. James 1:19, 25 addresses this issue, instructing men to listen and to remember what they hear. A.R. Bernard suggests that these are two great ways to love your wife, and in his own inimitable style, he offers specific and sometimes humorous information about what listening is and is not and ways to remember what is important to her.
Listening is not:
- Rushing to judge what you are hearing
- Trying to solve your wife’s problem
- Interrupting her while she’s still talking
- Waiting for a chance to tell your side of the story
- Focusing on what she has to say
- Asking quality questions to help you understand what she’s saying
- Confirming along the way that you’re still listening
Equally important is remembering:
- Her birthday and your anniversary
- Her favorite colors, flowers, foods, and restaurants
- The good times you’ve shared
- To say “thank you” for all the things she does
Listening is a form of loving… and loving is remembering! If you want to obey God and honor your wife by learning the art of listening, this teaching is for you.